More of us each day are succumbing to the act called ‘Online Shopping‘, while it can be quick and convenient, we have to agree, it can be pricy. There are many who will swear by it, and say things are cheaper online.But seldom does one find the best deal online, i.e. the value for money in terms of quality or additional shipping cost, return policies or discounts.
Here is an online shopping cheat guide to get you the best there is online.
1. Hunt for discounts: Always search for discounts before making a purchase. Big sites like Flipkart and Snapdeal are usually giving discounts on some or the other product. Keep a look out for those, especially during end of season or special occasions like Diwali, Holi or Christmas.
2. Use social networking: “Like” your favourite retailers on Facebook. It goes a long way in keeping you informed about the ‘special deals’. Many merchantspost special discounts or announce sales first on their Facebook pages.
3. Sign up for emails: Join the email lists / subscribe for newsletters of your favourite retailers so you can get coupons and other special offers delivered straight to your inbox.
4. Weigh online vs. in-store prices: If possible, compare a retailer’s online price to its in-store price for an item—they’re not always the same and sometimes the online price isn’t the best deal.
5. Avoid shipping fees: Many stores offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount. If you’re falling short of that minimum, think about other items you may need that you can purchase ahead of time.
6. Check the return policy: Some retailers, offer free return shipping. Many others allow you to return items in-store for free. Knowing a retailer’s return policy can help you save money if you’re not completely satisfied with an item.
7. Get rewarded: Join your favourite retailers’ loyalty programs (Generally some travel portals run these kind of programs), and don’t forget to enter your loyalty number each time you shop. You can earn money back on your purchases, plus other great deals.
8. Comparison prices: Use price-comparison sites like junglee.com which helps you to compare the prices of items at various online merchants. You can also check other website, which in addition to offering comparison, give you cashback on purchase. Such sites also run regular offers on different merchandises (like deal of the day). Keeping a watch out for those, is probably going to be the best thing for your pocket.
9. Be patient: It pays to be patient. If it is nothing urgent, it is always better to wait for the best deals. More often than not, the prices fall.
Hope the above tips help you to save a lot of money online. Wish you a Happy Shopping!